Wedding planner Heidi Allen takes the guess work out of buying that perfect wedding gift
Get the latest wedding gift trends and learn how to tailor gifts to the happy couple's interests.
1. The cost of the gift needs to cover what the bride and groom spent on dinner and drinks, per person.
2. Take the opportunity to upgrade gifts. This is the last time people will buy you fancy linens or cookware, so take advantage and trade up what you already have.
3. Consider a honeymoon registry. Guests can purchase excursions or upgrades to give the newlyweds the honeymoon of their dreams.
4. Money is still the most popular gift, but go beyond a cheque and envelope. Attach it to monogrammed items, like pillows, or give them a mailbox for their new home and put the money in there.
5. If you’re in the bridal party, ask for her gift expectations. A lot of brides understand how expensive it can be to be a bridesmaid. She may only expect a small token. And for destination weddings, your presence is gift enough.