The super charged hormone diet
The Supercharged Hormone Diet allows us to start losing weight as soon as we crack open the book. In this busy, fast-paced world, we don't always have time to research the science behind our diets or solving all of the reasons why we are fat.
Dr. Turner has created an accelerated hormone diet that promotes eating the right foods at the right times to power up your fat burning hormones, selecting the best supplements to support your hormones and combat toxic weight gain, plus the best hormone-friendly, toxin-free skincare options. This high protein, high fiber program begins to restore hormonal balance by your very first meal!
Her key tips for sleep and exercise, complete four-week meal plan and wellness tracker to help you stay on top of your goals encompasses just a small portion of the incredibly practical and effective guidelines that make The Supercharged Hormone Diet. It gives you exactly what you need - a quick-start diet plan with a thirty-day time frame to restore your metabolism – and your health. Dr. Turner shared a few tips with Marilyn today from her new book:
- For the first four weeks or so, concentrate on eating equal amounts of protein and carbohydrates at each meal and snack. Sticking to about 20 to 25 grams of each per meal and about 15 to 20 grams per snack is probably a good place to start, depending on your body size and workout schedule.
- Cut sugar completely from your diet and eat low glycemic carbohydrates to keep insulin levels low. Low insulin levels are favourable for fat loss. To maintain steady blood sugar levels, eat every three or four hours. This will also help you avoid overeating in one sitting.
- Whey protein powder: Anyone concerned with remaining lean and strong should consume whey protein. Whey has been found to be more effective for fat loss than meat protein, which is good news for any carb-restricting, protein-consuming urban male. Whey protein isolates can also serve as source of glutathione, the most potent antioxidant in the body. It also has beneficial effects on the immune system.
- CLA is one of only a few supplements that has actually been proven to stimulate loss of fat and increase lean muscle mass. This is not a supplement that works right away—so commit to taking it religiously for at least three months. Typical dosage is 1500 mg twice a day. Brand selection is important with CLA supplements. I selected the best to put under the Clear Medicine label and consistently find that it offers the best results clinically when measuring a patient’s muscle and body fat percentage.
- The moisturizers you use on your body or face should be free of the following: methyl parabens, propyl parabens, formaldehyde, imidazolidinyl urea, methylisothiazolinone, propylene glycol, paraffin, isopropyl alcohol, sodium lauryl sulphate and other chemical tongue-twisters. We dare you to go into your bathroom right this second and read all the labels you find. No doubt you’ll realize almost everything should go directly into the recycle bin. Parabens, in particular, have been identified as estrogenic substances that disrupt normal hormone function and may increase the risk of breast cancer.