Jim's 6-Week Couples' Workout Plan
- Wall Squat – Normally you would use a wall as your resistance, but you can also use each other! This exercise works the lower body.
- Side Plank – This one is side by side & it’s great because you can challenge each other to see who can hold the pose, the longest. This works your upper body & core.
- Alternating Stepping Lunges – This is fun because it’s like a chorus line. You can keep going to see who is going to give up first. This works your lower body & core.
- Superman – Lie on the floor and lift your arms & legs off the ground, so you’re flying like Superman. This works your total body.
- Back Row - You can use bands to increase the resistance for this exercise & work off of each other.
More tips on how to keep the pounds off after the wedding:
- Keep a well-stocked pantry. Having no food in the house can cause too many trips through the drive-through.
- Plan meals ahead. Go to the grocery store with a list.
- Focus on seasonal fruits and vegetables. It'll help your budget as well as ensure a healthy variety.
- Watch portion sizes. Men are usually larger and require more calories than women, so portion sizes among couples shouldn't necessarily be equal.
- Make exercise a part of your new life together. Take a walk after dinner, or learn a new sport as a couple.