We play the "Toxic or Safe" game with our audience using 5 products as examples.
- Items that contain Fragrances, like shampoo, are toxic. It can cause allergies, and can contribute to breast cancer.
- Items that contain Triclosan, which is an antibacterial and antifungal agent found in such items as liquid soap are toxic. It has been found that it also is a contributing element to cancer. Look for products that are triclosan free.
- Items that contain Xylitol, which can be found in toothpaste, are safe. It is a natural occurring fruit sugar.
- Items that contain BHA, which can be found in lipstick, are toxic. Scientific research has also found that BHA can also contribute to cancer. To find out more about toxic ingredients that are found in your makeup go the www.cosmeticdatabase.com.
- Titanium Dioxide is found in sunscreen and that safe to use.