Nutritionist Miranda Malisani has the top 10 foods to serve for dinner that can help boost your libido.
1. Celery: This sexual stimulator boosts a powerful substance as an odorless aphrodisiac in male perspiration. While you can’t smell it, studies indicate that men who eat raw celery tend to trigger more female attraction.
2. Basil: increases circulation, stimulates the sex drive and boosts fertility. The regular basil has aphrodisiacal properties that stimulate the body.
Sweet basil herb has been known across civilizations to increase sexual activity by creating a relaxed feeling in the body and the muscles. Due to this property it has also been known to help in increasing fertility since the chances of conceiving are far better when you are relaxed.
3. Carrots: Middle Eastern monarchs were such big believers in the seductive power of carrots that they had them served routinely at royal feasts. On a more scientific note, carrots provide a jumbo dose of beta-carotene that increases sex hormones like progesterone and amps up sperm count.
4. Watermelon: is rich in an amino acid that helps improve blood flow to the heart and genitalia, as well as to the rest of the body.
It’s highly effective at relaxing blood vessels, producing an effect similar to drugs like Viagra. Result: Increased blood flow to your sexual organs.
5. Oysters: For one thing, oysters are packed with zinc, which promotes healthy sperm and testosterone production. But that's not even the best part, oysters contain rare and effective amino acids that amp up the release of sex hormones in both men and women. Legendary lover Casanova is said to have consumed 50 oysters every morning for breakfast.
6. Chili peppers: Chili peppers are known to quicken the pulse, stimulate the release of endorphins, and mimic sexual arousal. It releases the “feel good” hormones that are necessary for a spicy sex life.
7. Wheat Grass: is praised for enhancing your libido and sexual stamina. Wheatgrass is an effective aphrodisiac because the rich magnesium derived from chlorophyll constructs enzymes that can restore your sex hormones. It has found to improve erectile dysfunction in some recent studies too.
8. Honey: is an aphrodisiac. It is rich in B vitamins, which aids in the function of the neurotransmitters responsible for sexual arousal. The term "honeymoon" even derived from the legendary sexual power of this sensual sweetener. Incorporate honey into your dessert for an easy transition into the bedroom.
9. Bananas: The perfect food for endurance in the bedroom. It is high in magnesium and B vitamins which help produce more sex hormones. It is the perfect pre-sex snack..about 45 mins before.
10. Pure Vanilla: The smell of this food is the most powerful aspect for making men feel “in the mood.” Vanilla’s special aroma has an effect on penile blood flow.