Spring cleaning viewer questions and answers:
What is the best way to clean artificial flowers? Can you clean them with a damp cloth without damaging the material?
- Vacuum with a miele vacuum on low speed, this is best in an arrangement
- Use a can of compressed air, do this outside, this is best in an arrangement
- Dip into cold water with a dash of dish soap, this is best for individual flower stems
- Put upside down in a paper bag with 1 cup of salt, shake and presto clean flower
Can you tell me how to best clean window blinds?
I find it very difficult to keep them clean.
- Vacuum with a miele vacuum on low speed, this is best while they are still hanging, do this often
- Use a dust microfiber mitt or the fabulous "fuzzie whuzzie" with a hint of multi purpose spray, this also while they are hanging, do this often
- Do one or two first, then take down, put in tub with cool water and a dash of dish soap, scrub with brush then hang dry
- Do one or two first, then take down, take outside and spray with water, wash with a pail of warm water with 1/2 cup of amonia
Can you please show me how to clean my water cooler and tell me how often it should be cleaned?
- Empty water from water cooler, and unplug unit, in a pail put one gallon of cold water with 1 tablespoon of javex bleach and pour into machine, let stand minimum of 2 minutes, drain, then run fresh water through machine to flush out bleach, wash all parts in soapy water and soak in water/bleach solution. Reassemble and plug into wall
How do you clean shower curtains and how often?
- Cloth, should be washed as per the type of fabric and the care instructions
- Plastic can be washed in the washer on gentle, with white vinegar and detergent, and a few towels so that the adjatatour does not damage the plastic liner/curtain. If bottom is dirty and needs to be soaked 1 gallon of water with a tablespoon of bleach and let sit, then rinse and wash with fresh water and soap.